Annual eye exams can help you prevent disruptions in your vision while also helping you diagnose vision problems early on so that you can seek the most effect treatment to keep your world in focus. Along with a range of other eye care services, our St. Petersburg eye doctor provides medical examinations and care for patients of all ages, from young children to the young at heart.
Medical Eye Exams and Ocular Health
At Ryczek Eye Associates, we talk a lot about the importance of eye exams. We do this for a good reason. Regular eye exams are incredibly important for the health of your eyes. Without these examinations, there are many eye conditions and diseases that would go undetected, causing severe damage to your vision over time. In many cases, diagnosing problems early leads to early and more effective treatment with a better outcome for your eyes.
To ensure we get the most accurate and complete assessment of your visual condition, our team utilizes the most cutting edge technology available. Our equipment is continuously updated to help us maintain the highest standard of eye care.
At Ryczek Eye Associates, we perform comprehensive medical exams for:
- General check-ups and vision tests – Though it can be tempting to skip your annual exam, it’s important to remember that your vision can and will change, and the best way to protect and preserve your eyesight is with proper maintenance of prescriptions and early detection of diseases.
- Driver’s license eye exams – To satisfy the requirements for obtaining or keeping your license, we offer exams to help you determine if you meet the criteria.
- Dry eye evaluations – If you think you might be suffering from this common eye condition, we can perform a specialized exam that will not only diagnose your symptoms, but that can also determine to what degree you are suffering and which treatment method is right for you.
- Contact lens examinations – Whether you want to try contacts for the first time or you are unhappy with your current prescription, we can provide a specialized contact lens exam to help you find the right fit.
- Diabetic eye exams – You might be surprised to find out that diabetes can negatively affect your vision and exacerbate existing eye problems. Our diabetic exams can help you determine how your condition might be harming your vision and Dr. Ryczek can tell you how to manage and mitigate the issues.
- Sports related vision tests – For active patients both young and old, Dr. Ryczek performs sports related vision tests and provides a range of corrective options to help you see clearly no matter what activity you are doing.
- Cataract examinations – If you are over the age of 55 and your vision is becoming impaired, you might be developing cataracts. Scheduling a cataract exam can help you detect this condition early so you can get the treatment you need to protect your vision.
- Pre & Post refractive surgery consultations – If you are intending to undergo surgery or if you have already had a procedure performed, we can help you detect medical issues to make sure your eyes are functioning properly and in good health.
Whether you simply want to maintain your visual health or you are seeking a professional assessment for a specific eye-related issue, Dr. Ryczek can help.